David M. Nix
Location: Wichita Falls, TX; & Lawton, OK
Email: Email Me
David M. Nix is the only personal injury trial attorney in the Texoma region to be recognized by the Board of Legal Specialization as being Board-Certified in Personal Injury Trial Law; by the National Board of Trial Advocacy, which awarded him with the Certificate of Special Competence in the Field of Civil Trial Advocacy; as a finalist for National Trial Lawyer of the Year, named by the Public Justice Foundation (2011); a Top 100 Trial Lawyer by The National Trial Lawyers (2012); and as a Super Lawyer in the field of personal injury trial law, as determined by Texas Monthly magazine.
The national lawyer rating service, Martindale-Hubbell, has also rated him as AV Preeminent*, the highest possible rating given to a legal professional. He is also a life member of the Million Dollar Advocates Forum and is a Fellow in the Litigation Counsel of America.
Mr. Nix is admitted to practice in all state courts in Texas and Oklahoma, and is also admitted to practice before numerous U.S. district federal courts in both states.
Points of Excellence:
The Public Justice Foundation named David as a Finalist for National Trial Lawyer of the Year in 2012. That same year David was named as a Top 100 Trial Lawyer by The National Trial Lawyers and was named a Fellow in the Litigation Counsel of America.
David is a life member of the Million Dollar Advocates Forum, an organization whose members must have been lead counsel in a case where their client was awarded over a million dollars.
David has also received the AV Preeminent rating from Martinadale Hubbell. This rating is the highest rating possible for ethical standards and legal capabilities. A blue ribbon panel of judges and peers have also selected him as a Super Lawyer every year since 2008.
David has served two different terms as a Board of Director in the Wichita County Bar Association. His fellow lawyers elected David as Secretary/Treasurer in 2002 – 2003 and then elected him as President of the Bar Association in 2003 – 2004. The local 13th District elected David to be it’s representative on the state-wide Texas Young Lawyers Association and he served as its Director in 1990. David was also appointed by the State Bar of Texas to the Professional Enhancement Program. This Program is a part of the Grievance Process and was designed to allow fellow lawyers to assist lawyers who were having trouble with the practice of law. David served a three year stint, from 2002 to 2005, assisting lawyers who were referred to the Professional Enhancement Program Panel for assistance. David has also served as an Associate Director of the state-wide Texas Trial Lawyers Association from 1996 – 2000 and as a director from 2000 until 2006. In 1997 David was recognized by the Board of Legal Specialization as being Board Certified in Personal Injury Trial Law. Less than 3% of all Texas attorneys are Board Certified in his area. In order to become Board Certified an attorney must have met rigorous standards and have received extensive knowledge and experience in order to achieve this recognition. In July of 2001, David was further honored by the National Board of Trial Advocacy who awarded him with the Certificate of Special Competence in the Field of Civil Trial Advocacy.
Areas of Practice
- Personal Injury
Certified Legal Specialties
- Personal Injury Trial Law, Texas Board of Legal Specialization, 1997
- Civil Trial Advocacy, National Board of Trial Advocacy, 2001
- Texas, 1985
- Oklahoma, 1992
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Texas, 1987
- U.S. District Court Western District of Oklahoma, 1992
- Baylor University School of Law, Waco, Texas
- Texas Christian University, Fort Worth, Texas
- B.S. – 1983
- Major: Business Marketing
Honors and Awards
- Named Finalist for National Trial Lawyer of the year in 2012- The Public Justice Foundation
- top 100 Trial Lawyer- National Trial Lawyer
- Named Fellow- Litigation Counsel of America
- Lifetime Member- Multi Million Dollar Advocates Forum (organization whose members must have been lead counsel in a case where client was awarded over a million dollars)
- Highest Honor, AV Preeminent Rating- Martindale Hubbell
- SuperLawyers- Selected by a blue ribbon panel of judges and peers every year since 2008
Professional Associations and Memberships
- State Bar of Texas, 1985 – Present
- State Bar of Oklahoma, 1991 – Present
- American Bar Association, 1984 – Present
- Texas Trial Lawyers Association, 1989 – Present
- Oklahoma Association for Justice, 1992 – Present
- American Association for Justice, 1987 – Present
- English (Primary)